I started writing music with pencil, paper and ruler (and eraser) and still have lots of repertoire in a literal filing cabinet.
What I started to migrate to PDF, I did so by scanning & photoshopping. This phase lasted quite a bit longer than it should have, since it was laborious, resulted in huge files, and I still could not do things like transpose.
Since around 2013, I’ve graduated to using the open-source software LilyPond to produce sheet music, which has improved efficiency, and more importantly, has allowed me to workshop and re-arrange pieces more fluidly, as well as provide a way to get MIDI output used to create reference recordings.
The scores and parts are archived in a private github repository.
Originals and arrangements for Flute/Alto Flute, English Horn, Clarinet/Bass Clarinet, Bass, Voice/Clave and Drums.
- A Classic Base
- Beautiful Moons Ago
- Bluesy Jump
- Dont Wait For Me
- Dusk In The Courtyard
- Institutionalized (K. Lamar)
- It Only Happens Once (F. Lane)
- Ngicuelela – Una Est Historia – I Am Singing (S. Wonder)
- Octagon Arbiter
- Presque Tire Sale In God’s Country
- Scarlet Rust Blouse
- Sixteen K Is A Lot Of Kim
- Stomping Ground
- Wee (S. Johnson)
Charts for Piano, Bass and Drums.
- Adore And Be Adored
- Annes Eyes
- Kickin The Can
- Thick As A Nickle
- Wag That Tail
Jazz-inspired arrangements and originals for string quartet plus soloist.
- Babies Gone Down (D. Elaine Alt/J. Mackavey)
- Have You Met Miss Jones (R. Rogers & L. Hart)
- Smooch (C. Mingus/M. Davis)
- Softly As In A Morning Sunrise (S. Romberg & O. Hammerstein)
- Sweet Georgia Bright (C. Lloyd)
- You Dont Know What Love Is (Raye & DePaul)